Sr Storage Systems Administrator (Req:5264)
||Sr Storage Systems Administrator|
||Washington, DC - Downtown Washington D.C.|
U.S. CitizenPositions that require U.S. citizenship or clearances are
due to specific requirements of the U.S. government.
Standard Business Hours
Summit Technologies, Inc. has a full-time position for a Storage Systems Administrator in Washington, DC. This is a government position that requires that you be eligible for a Public Trust Clearance.
Storage Systems Administrators will provide technical knowledge and experience to modernize and enhance the customer information technology infrastructure. The principal responsibility includes planning and managing installations, configuring and tuning of SAN and storage hardware and software. Responsibilities also include disaster recovery appliances according to best practices, while ensuring high levels of data quality and availability for all enterprise and customers.
- Managing, engineering and daily operations of all Unix servers, with a focus on software deployment services that include capacity planning and providing 24x7 support.
- Providing technical direction and guidance to customers. This includes the development of policies and standards related to the use of computing resources, overall infrastructure migration strategy, design, implementation and operational aspects of multiple systems and related software.
- Training the team to provide efficient customer support.
- This position requires six or more years of general operating systems experience. Including specific technical experience with SAN and Unix/Linux administration and provisioning support for large scale enterprise environments in the following areas:
- Knowledge of SAN based environment, ability to allocate LUNS and create file systems.
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux environments and familiarity with day to day operations of servers.
- Working knowledge of Symantec NetBackup solutions in a large enterprise.
- Demonstrated working proficiency in SAN fabric management (ISLs, utilization, zoning, masking, etc.)
- Knowledge of the following SAN hardware and software for Cisco, Brocade and/or McData fabric architectures.
- Administering hardware components specifically focused on Hitachi and NetApp.
|Required Skills and Experience:|
- Hitachi HVSVM, HUS150 and AMS2500 systems
- Netapp C-Mode, SnapMirror
- Brocade DSX-4S
- Hitachi Command Suite(HCS)
- Veritas Volume Manager / File System
- Replication (Hitachi True Copy) shadow imaging
- Periodically support off hours, weekend and on call activities
|Desired Skills and Experience:|
- Red Hat Linux / Sun Solaris 10 systems administration knowledge
- Shell scripting knowledge and/or Perl scripting experience.
- Knowledge on System level support for Oracle application and database Servers, Java application servers and other large-scale databases in a UNIX environment.
- Experience with Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity operations on UNIX environment highly preferred
- Extensive knowledge and experience in supporting and troubleshooting Solaris Networking services and protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, NFS, LDAP, FTP, SSH, SMTP, SSL, HTTP
- Knowledge on installing and configuring Solaris and Redhat operating systems
- Experience in installing, configuring and building Virtual servers in VMware environment
- Familiar with all storage systems, Unix/Linux administration and backup environments
- Interpret storage protocols including Fiber Channel, CIFS, NFS, NDMP protocols and hardware, which use these products
- Broad technological knowledge and ability to leverage market technologies associated with SAN vendors, product enhancements and product roadmaps to determine how they can be beneficially applied.
|When applying, we need the following:
1) Latest resume with dates of employment included
2) Compensation requirements (salary or hourly)
3) Availability to interview (i.e. Friday before 11 AM EST)
4) Best way to get in touch with you (email address and mobile phone number)
5) Reason you are seeking new employment
6) Professional references
|Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Summit
is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions that require U.S. citizenship or clearances are
due to specific requirements of the U.S. government and non-negotiable.