Sr. Windows Systems Administrator (Req:5236)
||Sr. Windows Systems Administrator|
||Washington, DC - Washington, DC|
U.S. CitizenPositions that require U.S. citizenship or clearances are
due to specific requirements of the U.S. government.
Standard Business Hours
Summit Technologies, Inc. has a full-time position for a Senior Windows Systems Administrator with Office 365 experience. In this position you will work with a team of infrastructure professionals to provide technical support to teams modernizing and enhancing our client's IT infrastructure including technical management and team direction that includes the development of policies and standards related to the use of computing resources. In this role you will participate in the overall infrastructure migration strategy, design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments, and related software. The positions require that you be eligible for a Public Trust Clearance. This full time position is located Washington DC.
- Participate in infrastructure migration strategy, design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments, and related software.
- Responsible for managing, engineering, administrating, troubleshooting, and the daily operations of the customer's Windows & VMware platform.
- Manage daily operations and provide engineering as needed of all Windows servers, with a focus on software deployment services.
- Design, build, implement, integrate, and support Windows server 2008 r2 and 2012 in an HP Blade environment.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes.
- Manage Active Directory and Group Policy Object (GPO).
- Manage DNS, DFS, VMWare ESXi, IIS, NetBackup.
- Provide patch management on an on-going basis.
- Develop scripts utilizing VB scripting and PowerShell scripting as required.
- Responsible for administering applications such as SQLServer, Oracle, Weblogic, Exchange, Certificate Authority, Quest ARS, IBM Endpoint Manager, ActiveSync, SCCM, HP Sitecope, HP SM9 and Office 365.
- Responsible for O/S hardening using FIMSA or NIST standard.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Troubleshoot and resolve IT incidents and perform root cause of critical outages in support of continuous improvement.
- Lead the effort in continually assessing and improving infrastructure in support of increased stability, scalability and performance of all IT services.
|Required Skills and Experience:|
- Demonstrated experience with administrating Office 365, applications, services that are enabled over (cloud services).
- Demonstrated experience in designing, building, implementing, documenting, and supporting Windows servers and infrastructures hosting various applications/web servers.
- Candidate must have Clustering and DR (COOP) experience and experience with HP Hardware.
- Demonstrated work experience with HP Blade infrastructure.
- Demonstrated work experience with Windows 2008r2 / 2012 and VMware.
- Experience in scripting, configuration management, OS hardening.
- Demonstrated experience patches management.
- Working knowledge of Windows packaging and deployment technologies in a virtualized environment.
- Exposure to Oracle database and WebLogic concepts and installations desired.
- Advanced knowledge and Subject Matter Expert in Active Directory (AD) in design, creation, and management
- Advanced experience with Group Policy Objects(GPO).
- Experience supporting and maintaining Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 and 2010
- Exposure to Oracle database concepts and installations a plus.
- Must have strong communication skills, motivated, self-starter, and a solid understanding of requirements analysis and verification.
- Experience in process improvement a plus.
|Desired Skills and Experience:|
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline, such as Information Systems, Computer Science or Engineering preferred.
- 6+ years of Windows and VMware infrastructure support experience required
- MCITP Server and Enterprise, Network+, Security+ certifications preferred
- Exposure to ITIL training or concepts desired.
- Certifications desired: MCSE 2012 or MCIPT 2008.
|When applying, we need the following:
1) Latest resume with dates of employment included
2) Compensation requirements (salary or hourly)
3) Availability to interview (i.e. Friday before 11 AM EST)
4) Best way to get in touch with you (email address and mobile phone number)
5) Reason you are seeking new employment
6) Professional references
|Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Summit
is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions that require U.S. citizenship or clearances are
due to specific requirements of the U.S. government and non-negotiable.